Monday, January 10, 2011

Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

OH BOY, it has been a while... So as I'm sure you can imagine I've cooked a lot since my last post- I have tons of recipes to share with you!

Let's start with a crock pot recipe that I made up. We like to call these types of things "dump recipes" because I dump whatever we have in together and somehow it turns out fabulous. 8)

Here we go-

CHICKEN AND WILD RICE SOUP!

1 Rotisserie chicken (I prefer the plain ole' flavor, but if you like the bbq, lemon, or southwestern YOU GO RIGHT AHEAD!
1 Can cream-o-chicken (I really like the one "with herbs")
1 Can cream-o-mushroom
1 Can sweet peas- drained. I love peas, if you're not as big a fan go with half a can.
1 Can chicken broth
1 Can of water (after you dump the broth just fill the can with water and add to crock pot)
1/4 Cup of milk
2 Tbsp. flour
2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp of each: parsley, rosemary, oregano
Uncle Ben's Ready Rice- Long Grain & Wild Rice

Get your crock pot out and dust it off 8) I recently discovered plastic liners for crock pots- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Or if you don't love a crock pot just make it in a big pot on the stove- in this case you'll have to make some executive decisions about cook time since I've only tried it in the crock pot so far!

Cut up all of the usable meat from the chicken. Do not include skin. Think small bite-sized pieces, it's soup. Put the chicken in the crock pot with all other ingredients. Cook on low for 3 hours. I'm not good at leaving the crock pot closed b/c I like to stir, so feel free to crack that bad boy open and stir if you like. Taste it too, make any revisions you see fit 8)

Serve with your favorite bread, you'll love this soup on a cold night- we sure do!

No comments:

Post a Comment